The UC Davis Benefits Office is pleased to sponsor workshops in support of the Retirement Readiness Program. All workshops are presented by our representative from Fidelity Retirement Services.
Reservations through the Fidelity reservation line are recommended for all workshops. The reservation line is available Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time at 1-800-642-7131.
All workshops are held in the Garrison Room, Memorial Union
Enrolling in Your UC Retirement Savings Program
- Learn about the benefits of the UC Retirement Savings Program
- Learn differences of UCRP, DCP, 403(b) and 457(b)
- Determine how much you may need in retirement
- Learn about the Investment Options available in the program
- Learn how to enroll in the plan
- If you are already enrolled, are you on track?
Determining Your Investment Strategy
- Understand asset allocation and diversification
- Recognize the characteristics of the three asset classes
- Identify your appropriate target asset mix based on your personal situation
- Learn how and when you may need to adjust your mix going forward
- Understand FITSCo's online account access system, available virtually 24 hours a day
- See how you can log on to access your account and manage your portfolio
- Learn how to use the system to help you get ready for retirement
Achieving a Sound Retirement
- Learn how to create a retirement income plan
- Identify retirement expenses including medical expenses
- Determine sources of retirement income including Medicare and Retirement Savings Program distribution options
- Recognize the need for wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and emergency funds