Helping your department unlock its potential.
Workforce Strategies manages a diverse portfolio that serves both UC Davis and UC Davis Health. They offer services anywhere from technical support to data analytics and data, all with a goal to drive departmental success.
What We Do:
Human Resources Information Systems
The HRIS team serves as the local system administrators (Tier 2 level support) for the UCPath Talent Acquisition Management (TAM) and ePerformance modules, which includes:
- Troubleshooting complex issues or answering questions about navigating TAM and ePerformance,
- Consulting with customers about making configuration changes,
- Creating templates, documents in ePerformance,
- Transferring and re-opening documents in ePeformance when appropriate,
- Conducting trainings and creating web resources,
- Escalating unresolved issues, defects and change requests to local and systemwide IT teams.
The HRIS team also supports PeopleAdmin, implements mass wage increases in coordination with UCOP, and provides personnel data extracts for schools, colleges and divisions that is not available in Cognos reports.
Cognos reports are developed and managed by Administrative IT, BI Team. To inquire about Cognos functionality, data issues or request a new Cognos report or Cognos report modification, please contact Admin IT firstname.lastname@example.org. To request access to Cognos reports or UCPath security roles, please submit the online request form.
The HRIS team is led by Bill Gregory, Information Systems Supervisor, with team members located in both Davis and Sacramento, including:
- Kristina De Leon and Matt Matuszak in Davis, and
- Justin Johnsen, Karena Samuel and Laura Robison in Sacramento
Contact the HRIS team at email@example.com
The Workforce Optimization team manages projects that align people, processes and technology, including:
- Expanding use of employee engagement tools (staff exit surveys, campus-wide staff engagement survey),
- Developing more quantitative metrics related to HR services,
- Management of new technology and process improvement projects to improve service delivery,
- Streamlining handoffs between service channels, Human Resources and customers,
- Reporting of staff personnel and demographic data for internal projects and programs, and external agencies.
Jacob Miller, Business Systems Analyst 5, leads the Workforce Optimization team with Michelle Wong-Abellana, Business Systems Analyst 5. Both Jacob and Michelle were heavily engaged in the implementation of UCPath with a focus on the HR modules and related business processes.
We oversee the review and administration of UC Davis policies and procedures concerning staff personnel subjects, such as the local UC Davis procedures to the UC systemwide Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) and Section 380 (Personnel) of the UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM). Employee Relations Consultants provide day-to-day guidance to supervisors and employees about personnel policies and procedures.
To comment on or suggest changes to personnel policies and procedures, contact Carolina Lopez, Policy Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal Background Checks
We manage the criminal background check program at UC Davis and UC Davis Health for staff employees, volunteers and some other roles, such as student externs at UC Davis Health. More information about the criminal background check program is available on the HR website. Job applicants and employees undergo background checks who have questions, should direct inquires to the HR staff member who has been contact with them.
Internal HR Operations and Facilities
Mao Lee, HR Supervisor, oversees internal HR operations and facilities in both Davis and Sacramento. Mao supervises the following team:
- Camille Silva (Reception at Cousteau, Suite 100) and Cris Horgan (HR Administration Building) in Davis, and
- Laura Lemming (Reception at Ticon III Building) and Diane Frausto (Ticon III Building) in Sacramento