Certain fees may be waived for UC employees who are also enrolled as students.
Regular status employees (career UC employee who work 50% time or greater) who meet admission requirements of the university are eligible for two-thirds reduction of both the University Registration Fee and the Educational Fee when enrolled in regular session courses of up to nine units or three courses per quarter or semester, whichever provides the greater benefit.
Employees who are eligible to receive reduced fees under this policy are not eligible to receive an additional reduction in fees under the Policy and Procedures Concerning Part-Time Study.
- Employees enrolled in self-supporting academic programs are not eligible.
- The reduced fee program does not cover UC Davis Extension courses. However, UC Davis Extension offers a separate 20% fee discount to UCD employees for courses taken through UC Davis Extension or the UC Davis Extension Open Campus program. For further information, contact UC Davis Extension at 530-757-8777.
- This reduced fee program does not apply to most UC Davis professional schools (e.g., School of Veterinary Medicine, Graduate School of Management, School of Nursing, etc.).
- The provision does not include access to student services and facilities provide through the University Registration Fee.
How do I Apply?
- Complete a UC Davis Employee-Student Reduced Fee Authorization form.
- Take the form to the Office of the University Registrar so that your eligibility as a university employee can be certified (this must be completed by the 10th day of instruction.)