The UC Davis Caregiver Support Program provides a list of area support groups, family caregiver workshops, and collaboration with the Family Caregiver Institute at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing .
Please email email@example.com and request to be put on the "familycaregiver" mailing list for a quarterly update on local resources and occasional notices of upcoming relevant events.
Re-occurring area groups:
- Anticipatory Loss Support Group. 7:00-8:30pm Yolo Hospice, 1909 Galileo Court, Suite A, Davis. Patients and their loved ones anticipate certain losses when dealing with a serious of life-limiting illness. 530-758-5566
First and Third Tuesday of each month:
- Caregivers Support Group at Davis Community Church, 10:00-11:30am, Office Conference Room, 412 C Street 530-753-2894
Second Tuesday of each month:
- Yolo Adult Day Health Caregiver Support 6:30-8:00pm Yolo Adult Day Health Center, 20 N Cottonwood Street, Woodland 530-666-8828
Third Wednesday of each month:
- Dementia Caregiver Support Group, 10:00 am, Davis Senior Center, 646 A Street 530-757-5696
- Drop-in Grief Support Group for Adults 6:00-7:30 pm at Yolo Hospice, 1909 Galileo Court, Suite A, Davis. This on-going drop-in group aims to provide support for bereaved at any phase of their grief experience.
Second & Fourth Saturdays each month
- Saturday Club: A social program for dependent adults in Yolo County with an assessment, social activities, healthy meals, one-on-one interaction with an assigned volunteer, and professional staff.
- Sponsored by Citizens Who Care Call 758-3704
- $50.00 for 5 hour program, assistance available
- Davis Senior Center 646 A Street
Yolo Adult Day Health Center
This group is to support, encourage, and inform family caregivers of loved ones with memory loss. It is open to any family members or friends. No reservations are required. Second Tuesday of each month. 6:30-8:00. 20 North Cottonwood Street, Woodland
Woodland Senior Center Support Groups 530-661-2001
- Arthritis Support 1st Thursday 1:00 pm
- Peripheral Neuropathy 3rd Tuesday 1:00 pm
- Outa Sight (vision support) 1st & 3rd Tuesdays 12:30 pm
- Parkinson’s Support 4th Tuesdays 1:00 pm
- Prostate Cancer Support 2nd Monday of odd months 7:00 pm
- Retiree Assistance 2nd Tuesday of odd months 12:15 pm
- Stroke Support 3rd Mondays 1:00 pm
- Transitions (aging-related topics) 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 1:00 pm
Choices in Caring, Advance Care Planning Classes
Dignity Health has a monthly class about Advance Care Planning presented by Dr. Jeffrey Yee. The class is held at 1:00 pm, the fourth friday of every month at Woodland Medical Office, 632 W. Gibson Road, Education Classroom. For more information or to register please call 530-668-2600.
Family Caregiver Alliance Videos in English and Spanish
AARP & Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing Video Series:
- Family Caregiver Video Guide to Managing Medications
- Family Caregiver Video Guide to Wound Care
- Family Caregiver Video Guide Series to Mobility
Bright Horizons Free Webinars for Caregivers: