Find key guides and forms linked below.
- Use the Department/Unit Planning Guide for a comprehensive list of planning steps, recommended actions, and resource links.
- Follow the steps indicated on the Flex Work Planning Guide page where you will also find policies and procedures regarding Flex Work for UC, UC Davis and UCDH.
Flexible Work Assessments and Agreements
- Supervisor/Manager (or appropriate person) completes Remote-Ability Position Assessments to determine if positions and tasks – not the employee - are flex-work compatible.
- The employee completes a Remote-Ability Self Assessment to help:
- Determine whether a flexible work arrangement is desired, acceptable and sustainable
- Consider if their position, workstyle and home logistics are good fits for remote or hybrid-remote work
- Flexible Work Agreements & Schedules are available online. Check with your Flexible Work Liaison for process and exact forms for your school, college, or division.
On-Site Work Planning
- Establish ergonomic shared workstations and hoteling space(s)
- Evaluate your on-site space needs using our Head and Seat Count Calculator
Off-Site Work Planning
- Download the complete environmental health and safety checklist for the home office covering: General Safety, Fire Prevention Safety, Electrical Safety
- Review the checklist of equipment for an ergonomic set-up
- Complete the Employee Agreement Concerning Use of University Resources form for any University-issued office equipment that is taken off-site, or purchased/reimbursed on behalf of an employee who will use the equipment off-site.