The Application Process
UC Davis’ job search allows interested candidates to search and apply to open staff, research, and health positions. This information provides an overview of our application process and includes tips that will help prepare you before beginning the online process.
Using the UC Davis Career Opportunities Site
- Before beginning your online application process, gather your employment history, education history and any requested documents (i.e. cover letter, resume, etc.).
- The system will log you out after 60 minutes of inactivity, so be sure to save your progress periodically.
- Create a username and password to begin your online application. After you have completed and saved your online application you may then proceed to apply for jobs.
- You may only submit one application for each job posting.
- Applicant Checklist
To view the status of your application, log into the Career Opportunities system. After logging in, your status will appear on the homepage. As your application moves through the online process the status may change for each position. Below is a list of statuses and what they mean:
- Not Qualified - System disqualifies.
- HR Received - Your application has been received in Human Resources.
- In Progress/In Process - The job posting is still open and based on your skills/qualifications, you may or may not be contacted for an interview.
- Position Filled - Another candidate has been hired.
- Position Withdrawn - The job posting has been cancelled and applications will no longer be accepted.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessibility for Applicants Who Require Accommodation
UC Davis strives to make our Careers site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility or need assistance completing the application process, please email us at email@example.com