Changes to Benefits and Retirement Savings Plans Due to COVID
Changes to UC benefits and retirement savings plan rules are designed to provide relief to employees.
Your UC benefits are more important now than ever. Keep up to date on how UC and your health, welfare and retirement benefits plans are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Loans and Withdrawals from UC Retirement Savings Program
If you or a dependent experience financial consequences due to the COVID pandemic, or are diagnosed with COVID-19, you can withdraw money from employer-sponsored retirement savings plans without customary penalties.
- Eligible retirement plans
- Withdrawal and loan limits
- Financial consequences (quarantine, reduced hours, childcare need, others)
Make Changes to Benefits Plan Coverage
Until Oct. 28, just before Open Enrollment, employees and non-Medicare retirees have flexibility to make changes (including enrolling or canceling) to:
- Medical plan
- Health Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)