UC Davis provides the resources, action plans, and strategies that managers and supervisors may need to contribute to the overall well-being of employees.
When employees feel their employer cares about their well-being, they’re 38 percent more engaged. It starts with acknowledging all areas of employee well-being including physical and mental health, meaningful work, emotional challenges, and work-life harmony.
Managers play a significant role in employee well-being and engagement, which we know are two drivers in becoming a great place to work.
- Employees rate their relationships with direct supervisors as more important to job satisfaction then benefits.
- A strong manager relationship leads to more productive, efficient and loyal employees who create less conflict.
- Employees supervised by a highly engaged manager are 59 percent more likely to be engaged.
Please find, on the left bar, common documents, links for both you and your employee, and a toolkit to assist managers/supervisors in supporting employees to bring their best selves to work.
- Our Top Five Reads for Managers & Supervisors
- 1. The Burnout Challenge, Managing People's Relationships with their Jobs
2. The Whole Person Workplace, Building Better Workplaces Through Work-Life, Wellness, and Employee Support
3. Bias Interrupted, Creating Inclusion for Real and for Good
4. Essentialism, The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
5. How We Work: Live Your Purpose, Reclaim Your Sanity, and Embrace the Daily Grind