UC Davis provides the resources, action plans, and strategies that managers and supervisors may need to contribute to the overall wellbeing of employees.
When employees feel their employer cares about their wellbeing, they’re 38 percent more engaged. It starts with acknowledging all areas of employee wellbeing including physical health, financial wellbeing, stress, emotional challenges, and life at work.
Managers play a huge role in employee wellbeing and engagement, which we know are two drivers in becoming a great place to work.
- Employees rate their relationships with direct supervisors as more important to job satisfaction then benefits.
- A strong manager relationship leads to more productive, efficient and loyal employees who create less conflict.
- Employees supervised by a highly engaged manager are 59 percent more likely to be engaged.
Please find some common documents, links for both you and your employee, and a toolkit to assist managers/supervisors in optimizing the worklife integration.
- Our Top Six Reads for Managers & Supervisors
- 1. Creating an Engaged Culture Through Wellbeing by Virgin Pulse, with tips on how to foster employee engagement through WorkLife practices.
2. A Ten Step Guide to Working More Human by Globoforce: Work Human, an employee recognition and rewards company.
3. Seven Components of an Effective Workplace SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
4. What Engagement at Work Really Looks Like Limeade e-booklet (A corporate wellness technology company on employee engagement)
5. The Whole Employee: What Every CHRO Should Know Limeade e-booklet
6. Seven Fundamental Steps for Building A Great Place to Work Limeade e-booklet