If layoff or reduction in time (RIT) becomes necessary in your department, it can be a difficult time for you, affected employees, and remaining employees. The information below can serve as a guide to help you navigate the layoff as smoothly as possible for all concerned.
Layoff/RIT can be due to a lack of funding, lack of work, or department reorganization. The term "layoff" includes "reduction in time."
As soon as you determine that layoff/RIT is necessary, contact your Employee Relations Consultant who will work with you throughout the process.
Your department has specific responsibilities in a layoff/RIT situation:
- Determine the need for layoff/RIT for employees in career positions.
- Determine the job classifications affected.
- Coordinate all actions with Employee Relations
- Review - How to Initiate a Layoff or Reduction in Time
- Review layoff article of applicable policy/collective bargaining agreement.
If you have questions, please contact Employee Relations, 530-754-8892