The UC Davis Lactation Support Program is a nationally recognized university/employee lactation program.
This program is built upon the bedrock of several levels of policy: national, state, University of California, and UC Davis.
Please read our "Guidelines for Lactation Accommodation" which summarizes UC Davis and UC Davis Medical Center policies and guidelines for employees and supervisors. Managers and supervisors can access a general list of buildings with lactation rooms and manager/supervisor responsibilities to determine if an employee has a lactation space nearby. Resources for managers and supervisors regarding lactation/maternity leave can be found at this site. Room users should have a contingency plan in place for non-business hours and/or circumstances beyond University control that restrict access to sites. Managers and supervisors can reach out to the LSP (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss setting up a temporary space for their employees if a designated lactation room is not easily accessible. Only registered participants have room numbers and access codes to the rooms for health, safety, and legal reasons.
- UC Davis & UC Davis Health Lactation Accommodation Policy
- University of California Accommodations for Nursing Mothers (PPSM-84)
- State of California Breastfeeding Laws
- University of California: What to do if You're Having A Baby
- UC Davis Maternity Benefits
- Fair Employment and Housing Rights and Obligations
- Pregnancy, Newborn Child and Adopted Child Fact Sheet
UC Davis Resources
- HR Representative: Michelle Younger, Benefits Analyst | email@example.com
- Upcoming UC Davis Staff Development and Professional Services Course on Maternity Benefits Class
UC Davis Health, Sacramento Resources
- HR Representative: Evelyn McCleer-Goodwin, Leaves Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave Workshop
How To Get a Breast Pump:
Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance providers must provide lactation support and supplies. At UC Davis, we have three different Healthcare Providers, so we recommend you check with them to see how they handle the process. You should speak to them during your pregnancy. Please see the list below for information about your specific provider.
- Anthem Blue Cross – http://www.ucppoplans.com
- Core Medical
- UC Care
- UC Health Savings Plan
- SHIP (students)
- Kaiser Permanente HMO – http://kp.org/universityofcalifornia
- Contact: 800-464-4000, group # 603604 (Northern CA)
- UC Blue & Gold HMO – https://uc.healthnetcalifornia.com/
- Contact: 800-539-4072