Introducing The Hiring Experience
We’re working to improve the experience for employees, hiring managers and job candidates throughout all stages of the hiring process at UC Davis Health
This two-year effort leverages the expertise of our UC Davis Human Resources teams and partners in UC Davis Health IT, Operational Excellence and Experience Design to introduce efficiencies for hiring managers and departments.
We’re calling this initiative The Hiring Experience, focused on accelerating the start of rewarding careers and streamlining processes throughout the full cycle of recruitment — from opening a job through onboarding a successful candidate. Aligned with our values of kindness, trust and inclusion, we want to turn hiring a new employee into a rewarding experience for all involved.
In 2023, UC Davis Health grew its workforce by more than 10% — which is tremendous growth that also came during a time of enormous challenges. In order to meet the needs of our managers, employees and patients, we must accelerate and improve our efforts to attract, recruit, hire and onboard top talent to UC Davis Health.
We see improving the hiring process as a catalyst in improving employee engagement and operational excellence, as well as a foundational step in achieving UC Davis Health’s five-year clinical strategic plan and the vision of delivering tomorrow’s health care today.
Ultimately, we’re going to get successful candidates into positions more quickly, with an improved experience that increases their confidence in joining our teams across UC Davis.
And just as important as all of the above, we’re listening to existing employees, who are our partners in this effort.
What comes first
There are several key initiatives underway, and you’ll see more coming soon.
- Employee onboarding surveys will be sent to newly hired staff at UC Davis Health, starting in early September.
- Various onboarding improvements – including new offer letters and manager infographics - are already being used, with more to come.
- Position description standardization
- Benefits support and services
For roughly the next two years, HR and partners will make improvements that elevate and accelerate the hiring experience, including:
- Restructured Processes: Enhance and streamline end-to-end business processes.
- Improved Technology: Improve candidate, hiring manager and recruiter experience through enhanced job application and applicant tracking capabilities.
- Reskilled Workforce: Train and prepare the workforce for new technology capabilities and processes.
- Data and Performance Metrics: Develop metrics to track key performance indicators.
We are committed to making UC Davis a great place to work. We know this is a shared goal with all of you that cannot be achieved without our collective efforts and your valuable input, collaboration and trust. So thank you in advance for your insight, engagement and thoughtful partnership. Together, we can do so much.
Chief Human Resources Officer