Self-care is important when managing crisis situations
Self-care is important when managing crisis situations.
When working in a high stress environment, it can be easy to lose yourself and get burnt out over time. It is important to prioritize self-care so that you can show up as your best self at work.
Self-care activities help with your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Taking care of yourself helps build resilience and equips you to handle challenges more effectively.
Here are some ideas for practicing self-care:
- Get regular exercise and eat healthy. Stay hydrated. Proper nutrition and exercise go a long way in helping you to feel your best physically.
- Make sleep a priority. Try to get as many hours as possible to be at peak performance, ideally 6-8 hours per night.
- Try a relaxing activity. Yoga and meditation are some great ways to help your mind and body relax.
- Practice gratitude. Find at least one thing each day to be grateful for.
- Ask for support when needed. Call on your co-workers when necessary to help you get through the day.
Workplace Violence Prevention Program
- Reporting Workplace Violence
- Training & Preventing Workplace Violence
- Resources & Support
- About Workplace Violence & Tools
Contact the Workplace Violence Prevention Unit: