Listed below is a variety of child care financial assistance resources for parents offered both through UC Davis and local community organizations.
Information about the student parent grant program
UC Davis Financial Aid:
The Financial Aid Office offers loans to help student who have dependent children and related child care expenses. Applicants who are married, or with dependent children age 18 and under, should submit an Alternative Budget Request Form. The form is available online for undergraduate or graduate students. Professional Students should contact their respective Financial Aid Office.
- Contact: Dutton Hall | 530-752-2390
Professional School Financial Aid
- UC Davis Law School Financial Aid and Scholarship:
- Graduate School of Management Financial Aid and Scholarship
- Veterinary Medicine Financial Aid and Scholarship
- Contact: Tina Maher, School of Vet Med Student Programs: email@example.com
Financial Assistance for Employees
Visit UC Net for programs and resources
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- What to do if you're having a baby
- Family and medical leave
- Preferred Enrollment and Discounts through the Care Advantage Program
Scholarship Awards for Transfer and ReEntry Students
Through the generous contribution of Peggy Browneller Parad, reentry alumna and former reentry student assistant, Reentry Student Services offers one $100 book award each quarter. All undergraduate UC Davis reentry students who are single parents to apply.
- Contact: TRV Student Services | 1210 Dutton Hall
Additional Local Funding Resources:
Yolo County Child Care Subsidy Program
There is a priority for children who have open Child Welfare cases or are at risk of abuse or neglect. All other families are enrolled based on income and family size. Parents must be employed, in school, seeking employment, homeless, or referred by a health professional as medically incapacitated to be eligible for the program. In addition, families must live, work, or use care in Yolo County.
- Contact: 530-645-6266 | CHSYoloCounty@chs-ca.org.
Davis Joint Unified School District Free Pre-school Program
The DJUSD California State Preschool Program services are available to income-eligible families who reside in Yolo County.
Priority for enrollment of eligible students is based on the following:
- Third priority shall go to other eligible three-year-old children, in income eligibility order.
- Second priority shall go to eligible four-year-old children, in income eligibility order using the CDD income ranking chart.
- First priority shall go to children receiving protective services through the local county welfare department and children at risk or abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
Families on CalWORKs will need to work with their Yolo County Department of Employment & Social Services worker and Child Action Inc.
- Address: 9812 Old Winery Place, Suite 21, Sacramento, CA 95827
- Phone: 916-369-0191
Offers free or low cost tuition, full-day and year round preschool for 3-5 year old children. The program is state funded and offers highly qualified teachers with BA degrees. Nutritious, healthy meals included.
- Address: 2550 Alhambra Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95817