Below you will find a wide range of local and national resources to assist with your children's care, safety and play.
- Dial 211 for local services and resources such as utility assistance, housing, food, elder care, after school programs, crisis services and more.
- Promoting and Supporting Breastfeeding through Child Care Centers brochure
- Davis Parent University
- Help Me Grow Yolo County connects all families with children, birth to age 5, to resources in Yolo County that support healthy growing and learning. Offers free and confidential developmental screenings for your child. They can also help connect you with childcare, information about Medi-Cal Services and age-appropriate activities for the family.
- NAEYC: monthly newsletter delivers highlights from families.naeyc.org—research-based information on children's learning and development.
- University of California Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Bright Horizons "Family Matters" Free Educational Webinars:
- Coping with Changing Family Dynamics
- Edit Your Life: Making Modern Family Life Work
- Fitness Tips for Busy Families
- Food for Thought: Nutrition Tips and Strategies for Growing a Healthy Eater
- Good Nights, Great Days: How to Help the Whole Family get Some Sleep
- Growing a Learner: Creating A learning Culture at Home
- Mind in the making: Executive Function and the Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs
- Organization Tips for Busy Families
- Parent Teacher Partnerships: The Keys to Successful Collaboration
- Positive and Proactive Parenting
- Reading Aloud with Children
- Work Life Balance Tips: Four-Way Wins for Working Parents
Yolo County Library
Library branches carry early learning kits, available for free, four weeks at a time, to parents, educators, caregivers and those who work with young children. The 26 different themed kits are complete units of study with storybooks, informational books, puppets and games, manipulatives, feltboard stories, and instructions. Learn more here.
Support and Playgroups
- UC Davis Graduate, Undergraduate and Professional Student Parents Facebook Page
- UC Davis Health Parent Resource Group Facebook Page
Support Group for Faculty: Doing It All When Your Children are Small: A Support Group for Faculty Parents of Babies and Toddlers Monthly support group for the faculty member with young children. Parents of all genders are welcome, as are their babies. Tuesdays, 10-12, Student Comm Ctr. Room A
New Parent Network/Davis Food Coop: An informal gathering in the COOP Teaching Kitchen (537 G Street) for new and expecting parents and their little ones. The meetings are free and aimed at fun education and support for each other. Every Tuesday, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Play School Experience: A non-religious playgroup for babies 0-36 months and their caregivers. Mondays and Wednesdays, 10-11:30 at Davis Community Church. Free, drop in, play with your child, encourage social skills and participate in circle time. Childcare available for kids 3-5 years. A collaboration of Empower Yolo and Davis Community Church.
MomSense Group: A time for moms of young children to come and watch or listen to a short presentation about parenting then discuss struggles and joys of being mothers in this new era of parenting. Led by Kate Boxeth, a Minister of Children and Youth and mother to two young children as well as a foster mother and Elisa Stone, Minister of Care at Davis Community Church. Elisa has decades of experience as a director of a preschool, as well as a teacher for the Center of Excellence in Early Childhood Education at UC Davis. She has raised four children to adulthood and has also been a foster parent.
- Davis Community Church
- Third Thursday of each month
- 9:15- 11 am in The Gallery (just off the playground on 4th Street)
- Free and fun. Childcare provided.
- RSVP to Elisa Stone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby & Me Support Group: Welcomes moms, dads and other primary caregivers of infants from birth to nine months. The goal of the group, led by an expert, is to provide a place where parents can learn from one another while building friendships and creating a support community. Baby & Me meets every Tuesday at 9:00 am at Sweet Potato Pie 528 Main Street, Woodland. No reservation is necessary and parents are encouraged to simply stop by and join in. For more information, contact Janelle at 530-662-8000 or email@example.com.
Woodland Healthcare New Parent Support Group: Join Woodland Healthcare lactation consultants and staff, along with other new mothers to answer questions and share the challenges and joys of bringing baby home. You are welcome to bring your baby, significant other and family members to this support group. The support group is bilingual, open to the public and FREE of charge. The support group meets every second and fourth Monday (except holidays) from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. at the Woodland Medical Office, Education Classroom, 632 W. Gibson Road. For more information, call 530-669-5420.
Worth the Wait Support Group at Davis/UC Davis Health: A support group for women of Advanced Maternal Age (35 years and older) is taking place once a month each in Davis and UC Davis Health, Sacramento. The purpose of this group is to share the positive and challenging experiences of being a more mature first time or repeat mother. Topics of discussion include fertility, pregnancy, health care, child care, resources, and many more! If you would like to join, please contact Jen Byberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Worth the Wait Moms Support Group on facebook https://m.facebook.com/groups/1840331559365943.
Children's Home Society of California Resource Library: CHS Resource Library is located at 1100 Main Street, Suite 230. Woodland, CA 95695. You can borrow up to five items from the library per month, including toys, books, games and more. They also offer six feet of lamination per month and die-cuts (20 sheets of construction paper per month). To use the library services/resources, please call 530-723-5225 to make appointment.