UC Davis offers innovative programs and policies that help harmonize work-life and cultivates a culture of well-being.
We work to maximize the potential of each individual on campus. Engaging in these resources can help support you year-round and through the changing stages of your life and career. Please visit the Healthy UC Davis page for ALL things well-being at UC Davis for staff, students and faculty. The site has a search function and events calendar and is a repository for all things well-being coming from the many different units and departments providing services across the Davis and Health campuses.
Our Favorite Online Mindfulness Tools:
- Mindful Breathing Exercise from The Greater Good Science Center
- All Practices menu from the Greater Good Science Center
- UCLA Health Mindful Awareness Research Center Free Guided Meditations (in Spanish & English)
- FreeMindfulness.org Guided practices include body scans, breathing, meditations, guided imagery, and self-guided audio tracks.
- Nature Therapy: Relaxing Full Motion Forestry with Natural Sounds (you tube, run time 30 minutes)--nice background for computer work
- Sound Baths to listen to at work.
- UMass Medical School Center for Mindfulness, with a public meditation room with guided meditations and other practice-oriented resources.
Peri- and Menopause Resources
- Meno-Power Interest Group: A bi-monthly support group for UC Davis people who are experiencing symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, or who are curious about this normal but challenging life process, please join the conversation and share about how this affects you and your well-being. Email email@example.com to receive the invite link to the next virtual meet-up.
- Book: The Menopause Manifesto: Your Own Your Health with Facts and Feminism
- Book: Menopocalypse: How I Learned to Thrive During Menopause and How You Can Too
- Website: The North American Menopause Society
- Website: Women Living Better
- Podcast: Body Stuff with Dr. Jen Gunter Part of the TED Audio Collective. The podcast covers a lot of topics, including menopause.
- Research Articles:
- The Relationship Between Menopausal Symptoms and Burnout: A cross-sectional study among nurses
- Perimenopause: From research to practice
- Menopause and Work: An electronic survey of employees' attitudes in the UK
- Psychosocial and Socioeconomic Burden of Vasomotor Symptoms in Menopause: A comprehensive Review
- Guidance on Menopause and the Workplace