The first Annual Employee Performance Appraisals will be distributed through UCPath ePerformance on Monday, December 2, to employees in the Service (SX) and Patient Care Technical (EX) units and their supervisors.
- Employees are asked to complete a Self-Evaluation and propose goals for the upcoming year. Employees should complete their sections of the appraisal within 30 days of receiving an ePerformance email notification.
- Supervisors have until February 28, 2020 to complete the appraisals in ePerformance and are responsible for communicating to their employees the due date for completing their sections of the appraisal. Please Note:
- Allow at least one week for your employees to provide comments and acknowledge receipt of the appraisal in the system at the end of the process in February.
- UCPath ePerformance only requires supervisor approval of an employee’s appraisal. There is no secondary level of review.
UCPath ePerformance Training
Webinar on Dec. 12 @ 9 a.m.
The webinar will cover probationary evaluations and annual employee performance appraisals, and the roles of employees and supervisors. The webinar will feature screenshots of the ePerformance system and will be recorded and posted online.
Thursday, Dec. 12
9 – 10 a.m.
Log-in URL: zoom.us/j/197175114
Meeting ID: 197 175 114
Call-in number: (877) 369 0926
A step-by-step guide will be available on the Performance Management Pages on the HR website in December. The guide will outline necessary steps for a supervisor to complete an Annual Employee Performance Appraisal in ePerformance.
UCPath Tips and Updates
- Supervisors and managers should confirm that their list of direct reports is correct in UCPath. A tutorial for accessing a list of direct reports is available in UCPath Online Help.
- If a supervisor has a large number of direct reports, consider requesting an Employee Roster report from their HR Business Partner, departmental HR or Academic Personnel contact.
- If a supervisor is missing direct reports or they are incorrect, they should submit an AggieService case to their Service Channel.
- Managers can view all indirect reports’ appraisal documents in UCPath ePerformance via Manager Self Service, provided their direct reports (i.e., supervisors) have started and saved appraisal content for the employee. If the appraisal has not been started AND saved, this information will not be viewable by the manager.
- ePerformance Annual Appraisal Timeline (.pdf) outlines the roll out of ePerformance for appraisal dates for all employee groups.
- UC Davis requested that the central UCPath team create a new security role in ePerformance that would provide inquiry-only access to staff (e.g., HR Business Partners) who have a business need to view documents in ePerformance for employees that do not report to them. More information will be forthcoming.
Probationary Evaluations in ePerformance
On December 2, UCPath ePerformance will begin sending email notifications to supervisors when Probationary Final Evaluation documents are ready to be completed. Employees who were hired in late June will be the first group to be evaluated using the Probationary Final Evaluation as their six-month probationary period will end in late December. Supervisors will rate their employees as either Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory in the Probationary Final Evaluation.
- Please Note: For probationary employees rated as Unsatisfactory, supervisors need to consult with HR Business Partner and/or Employee Relations Consultant in advance of submitting the evaluation to their employee, and make arrangements to separate the employee.
In November, the Probationary Checkpoint Evaluation was implemented for probationary employees who are approaching their three-month mark.
More information and a job aid about Probationary Evaluations are available on the Probationary Evaluations for Staff Pages on the HR website.
Please contact HR Workforce Strategies at email@example.com